Friday, March 28, 2014

Those first aid skills come in handy!

Hey Mom,
    I am so freaking pumped for the Super Bowl!!! You absolutely have to record it with the DVR!!! Please, set the thing to record the game, and another hour or two extra in case it goes into overtime. You can send me a package if you want, just full of snacks and a cool seahawks t-shirt, or even better, one of the new jerseys in XL. If not, it`s okay. Don`t worry. Just record the game!!!
    The area is good. The members are great. We are finding many investigators to teach. I feel good about dying here, I just don`t know who is going to kill me. It could be elder Sierra, or it could be someone else. 
     Grandma is going to be a great grandma??? that is so cool!!! Send my congrats to Sara and Brodie.
      About money.... How much do I have in my account? I`ve been waiting to make any major purchases until the next change, but I have been estimating prices for things. I think that I could buy everything that I want and things for everyone else for about $350. Is that a lot? I could try and do it for less. Also, I`ve been thinking about buying a new pair of shoes. All of my shoes are either broken or breaking, and I would like a pair to be able to wear home. I can go to the outlet stores here and buy a pair of hush puppies at a good price. What do you think? Of course, I would buy a pair of brown shoes. I attached a pic of one of my pairs of shoes. Either way, just let me know.
    The other Pic is of Elder Keller from Ogden and I in an exchange. As you can see, he`s a bronco fan.
     Oh yeah, I almost forgot. This past week we also saw that we were in the right place at the right time. We have a recent convert who suffers from depression and has tried to commit suicide before. Six months after he was baptized, he broke the law of chastity and started cohabitating with an investigadora. He was really depressed recently, and had asked that Jesus take him now. His pareja pinched us on thursday night, so we went to their house. We arrived at the same time that she did, and we found our recent convert basically unresponsive on his bed, with some of his many pills on the floor. He had tried to commit suicide again. Luckily he was still alive when we got there, but he was unresponsive and had no control of his body. His pareja called a radiotaxi, and Elder Sierra and I had to get this guy down the stairs to the car. So, using the skills that I learned to get my first aid merit badge, I basically threw him over my shoulder, and Elder sierra supported his head, and we went down the stairs to the waiting taxi. With permission from Hermana Essig, we went with them to the emergency room, where we took him out of the car, put him in a wheelchair, and then in a hospital bed. It was a neat experience that I will never forget.

Love ya lots, let`s go Hawks!!!
Elder "12th man in chile" Hjelm
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment