Friday, March 28, 2014

Can't wait to go to the Temple again :)

Mom,
    you have to speak for more than three and a half minutes. I don`t know how long I`m going to be speaking. I guess it`ll be like a girl`s skirt - long enough to cover, but short enough to keep it interesting (I bet you thought I forgot about that one, didn`t you?). I`m not feeling really trunky. I`m still getting up on time, doing exercises, and working hard. Just, in the back of my mind I`m thinking of things like,  "okay, i`ll watch the super bowl this day, this movie this day, I might hibernate for a week, I want to eat this..." You get the idea. That`s not trunky, is it?
    Apparently President Essig thinks it is. He called us and changed my companion thursday night, saying that I need someone with a little more experience to help keep my mind on the mission. Pssh. As if.  I`m not trunky at all - just planning for the future, like I always do. My new companion is Elder Mateos from uruguay. We actually arrived here in the mission field on the same day and we`ve done some exchanges together, so we already know each other pretty well.
    I can`t wait to get home and go to the temple. That`s one thing that I have missed so much -going to the temple. Why aren`t the missionaries allowed to go to the temple more often? Oh well. I don`t really have any other requests for when I get back. Just kind of relaxing and getting back into the groove of things, maybe going to work with dad. That`s about it. Thanks for putting some money in my account.

Your loving missionary son,
Elder Hjelm

No comments:

Post a Comment