Friday, March 28, 2014

Elder David F. Evans took out the trash

Hey Mom,
     Looks like I´m going to Provo this fall. Yes, I would like to
live on campus. I´m going to talk with some of the elders who have to
BYU and see what the best housing arrangements are. I´ll get back to
you on that. I´m going to talk on the 13th and get the thing over
with. I would like to know what my topic is so that I can start
writing a talk here. Dad sent me a homecoming talk guideline thing.
But I would like a topic.
     Things are going well. Saturday, Elder David F Evans of the
seventy, and executive director of the missionary department, came and
spoke to the four missions here. He took out the trash. He talked
about the importance of repentance before baptism, about having our
investigators read the book of mormon from the beginning, and most of
all about working to build up the church, and not just to baptize. It
was really, really cool. I think that several things are going to
change here in the mission as a result of what he said. What was
really cool is that he did it in a way that made us want to be and do
better, not in a way that made us feel bad. I´ve got to learn how to
do that.
     Danny is going to work for Nike!?!?!? Oh, I´ve got to find out if
his employee discount applies to nephews. That´s going to be fun. And
yes, I bought some shoes. And some socks. And a belt. And a jersey,
but that´s out of my souvenir fund. The shoes were sixty bucks and the
socks and the belt came out to about forty. I´m at the mall right now,
hoping that I have in my account to buy my penultimate jersey. And
then next week and the week after that we are going to buy souvenirs.
Can you get me some money before then? And just out of curiosity, how
much can you give me? I have $90 that I can´t exchange that I can give
you when I get back. Just let me know, and I´ll work with what we
have.
     I love you mom. I don´t think I realized how much I loved you
until I didn´t have you here with me for two years. But, we only have
five weeks to go.
 
Love ya,
Elder Hjelm
 
PS - I´m not trunky

No comments:

Post a Comment